Home

Reinstall Windows 10 keep files

How To Reinstall Windows 10 and Keep Files On Your PC

1. EaseUS Todo Backup is an award-winning disk imaging backup software that helps initiate reinstall Windows 10 keep files without losing data. It is a simple one-click backup software. Over 20,000,000 users enjoy a high level of data security with EaseUS. Their goal is to help you reinstall Windows 10 without losing any files successfully
  2. This reset option will reinstall Windows 10 and keeps your personal files, such as photos, music, videos or personal files. However, it will remove apps and drivers you installed, and also removes the changes you made to the settings
  3. The reinstallation can be initiated from within Windows using the setup.exe file on a Windows 10 ISO/USB drive or from the Media Creation tool, and the process took around half an hour to finish on..
  4. When you click on it, choose the Keep my files option, and then click on Next > Reset > Continue. The computer will restart again, followed by reinstallation of Windows. Note : Like Fix 1, this also keeps your files safe, but not applications, drivers, and programs
  5. Well, it depends on the approach you take: By using Repair Install, you can choose to install Windows 10 while keeping all personal files, apps and settings, keeping personal files only, or keeping nothing. By using Reset This PC, you can do a fresh install to reset Windows 10 and keep personal files, or remove everything
  6. Refresh your PC to reinstall Windows and keep your personal files and settings. Refresh also keeps the apps that came with your PC and the apps you installed from the Microsoft Store. Reset your PC to reinstall Windows but delete your files, settings, and apps—except for the apps that came with your PC

Reinstall Windows without removing your personal files To proceed, click the Reset button. (If required, you will be prompted to insert your Windows 10 installation media at this point.) The system.. Use this tool to install a clean copy of the latest version of Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro, and remove apps that you installed or came pre-installed on your PC. You'll have the option to keep your personal files A Windows 10 repair installation, also known as a Windows 10 in-place upgrade, can be used to reinstall Windows without deleting your files, folders, settings, or programs. A repair install of Windows 10 is different from formatting your PC and doing a clean install of Windows 10

This method allows you to reinstall Windows 10 and keep programs, but only if your computer is bootable. And you need to download the Windows 10 ISO image file before proceeding (you can jump this step if you have a Windows 10 ISO image file). Step 1: Find the location of the Windows 10 ISO file, then right-click on it and select Mount to continue Our main task is to reinstall Windows 10 without deleting your files, so we have to choose either the first option Keep personal files and apps or go with the Keep personal files only option. Then click on the Next button. At last, Ready to install the window will appear along with the Install button

[Windows 10] How to reset the PC and keep my personal file

Windows 10 reinstallation can take a while, depending on your internet connection and size of the files you choose to keep. Plugging your device into a power source will ensure a low battery doesn. Back up Files before Windows 10 Reinstallation. To keep PC data safe, you had better make a backup of your personal files and programs to avoid data loss and having to re-download apps. To do this, you can use a piece of professional file backup software. We highly recommend using MiniTool ShadowMaker My PC is basically an upgraded windows 10 system from an ancient Vista version. I was having problems with the task bar not working and also windows update and recovery were broken. I downloaded and burnt the windows 10 ISO to DVD and ran the setup in windows. I got to keep all my files and programs but with a brand new system install. Happy days Windows 10 comes with a feature called Reset This PC, using which you can either choose to keep your personal files or remove them and then reinstall Windows. Resetting is a good solution for a PC that isn't working well Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. Under Reset this PC, select Get started and choose an option: Keep my files —Reinstalls Windows 10 but keeps your personal files and any apps that came with your PC. This option removes changes you made to settings, as well as apps and drivers you installed

Recover Files after Windows 10 reset - EaseUS

Reinstall Windows 10 Without Deleting Your Software, Files

1. This video shows how you can reset, refresh or reinstall Windows 10 without losing data, apps or your files. The best way to do this is by using the Media Cr..
  2. Connect the installation media you created to your PC and reinstall Windows 10. Open File Explorer and select the drive with the installation media. From the root directory of the drive, double-click setup.exe, and then select Yes when asked if you'd like to allow the app to make changes to your device
  3. To reset Windows 10 PC, go to Settings and open Update & Security. The option to reset PC is available Under 'Recovery' settings. To begin Windows Reset, simply click 'Get Started' below 'Reset This PC' option. 'Keep my files' resets your PC to its factory defaults by removing all installed programs and settings but keeps your.
  4. A fresh, clean Windows 10 install will not delete user data files, but all applications need to be reinstalled on the computer after the OS upgrade. The old Windows installation will be moved into the Windows.old folder, and a new Windows folder will be created
  5. If the Operating System is upgraded from Windows 7/8/8.1 to Windows 10 on your computer, you will not able to go back the previous version after resetting the computer. Contents : Microsoft provides two methods to reinstall Windows, and you can choose either one to perform it

How to Reinstall Windows 10 without Losing Files - EaseU

Reinstall Windows 10 without Losing Files and Partitions. To reinstall Windows 10 without losing files and app data, must do a clean installation. Create a boot-able USB flash drive or have a Windows DVD. After booting your system to install Windows, select language and location, then press install and continue b) Connect the USB flash drive or insert CD/DVD drive to your computer. c) Restart your computer and start to recover data from the crashed system. If you wish to learn how to reinstall Windows 10 without losing data, then you can simply follow the first tutorial. Though, the second tutorial will also help you recover your lost data before the. If yes, here's a simple guide to reset PC and keep files in Windows 10. ☛ From Windows: Start > Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Reset this PC > Get started. ☛ From boot: Use installation CD or creat a recovery drive to boot the PC > select language and region in Windows Setup and click Next. Summary - In this guide learn how to reinstall Windows 10 without losing your personal files and folders like pictures, documents, music and other data.Follow the easy steps given and reinstall Windows 10 without losing files.. Sometimes, our Windows 10 system starts and keeps running into problems and stops working properly

If you run setup.exe from the USB flash drive from within the current install of Windows 10, you would normally be presented with the option to keep data and program files - but this is broke in version 20H2 unless you do some registry changes or install the CU linked above [SOLVED] Store existing files in seperate partition and reinstall Windows to a new partition. Windows 10: 12: Mar 11, 2021: S: Question Windows 10 reinstall help: Windows 10: 16: Mar 10, 2021: G [SOLVED] Need help reinstalling Windows 10 Apps & Packages: Windows 10: 14: Mar 2, 2021: L: Question Windows 10 bootloop and unsuccessful reinstall. Files stored elsewhere should remain intact. Reset- Brings it back to the original Out of Box install. No user data is saved. Squeaky Clean. In-Place upgrade should keep your programs and user data if they are compatible. This should re-install Windows over itself only changing Windows itself. Typically the only way to preserve programs Behind the scenes, Windows will launch the Windows Recovery Environment, and your partition (hard drive) will be erased and formatted to prepare for a clean install. If you opt to keep your files, Windows will set these files aside, reinstall Windows and restore those files How to reinstall Windows 10 without losing data | IT PRO Refresh Windows 10 Which of these methods, if any, did you actually use? Do you have a disk image ( files containing compressed copies of the used parts of the partitions imaged) of your old installation? E.g. using Macrium Reflect free/paid, Aomei, Easeus or Acronis software e.g? Disk.

There will be three choices: Keep personal files and apps, Keep personal files only, and Nothing. If you want a clean wipe, click on Nothing then click Next. It will then quickly go through some of the screens like before, and then you'll see the big blue Installing Windows 10 screen While reinstalling Windows 10, if you see a prompt asking to enter the product key, simply click the Skip option. Windows 10 will automatically activate once you connect your PC to online after completing the installation. Before proceeding to reinstall Windows 10, we advise you to navigate to Settings > Update & security > Activation to check. How To Replace a Motherboard Without Reinstalling Windows 10. When you switch out your motherboard, you can keep the hard drive or solid-state drive with your Windows 10 installation. After replacing the motherboard, you reconnect the Windows 10 drive. All being well, Windows 10 will reconfigure itself, and you can continue using the operating. Step 1. Right-click the Windows 10 Start menu and select Setting. Step 2. Locate Update & Security and click on it. Step 3. Click on Recovery to open the Recovery section, and then you can use the Reset this PC option. This will give you the choice of whether to keep your files and programs or not. Reinstall Windows 10 on a PC that Failed to Star

How to Reinstall Windows 10 without Losing Data (3 Ways)

On the left side of the window, click or tap the Recovery section. On the right side of the Settings window, Windows 10 displays a section called Reset this PC which tells you that If your PC isn't running well, resetting it might help.This lets you choose to keep your files or remove them, and then reinstalls Windows Windows 10, versions 2004 and 20H2 share a common core operating system with an identical set of system files. Therefore, the new features in Windows 10, version 20H2 are included in the latest monthly quality update for Windows 10, version 2004 (released October 13, 2020), but are in an inactive and dormant state

How to use 'Refresh Windows' to do a clean install of2 options to factory reset a HP laptop – Windows 10

How to refresh, reset, or restore your P

1. Keep files or remove everything. In the Windows 10 Settings app, search for Recovery. On the resulting page, underneath Reset this PC, click on Get started. The first choice to make is whether to Keep my files or Remove everything. It's unclear exactly how much Keep my files keeps, but we can make an educated guess
  2. In this article, I will show you how to reinstall Windows 10 without losing data or programs. Reinstall Windows 10 without losing Programs. If your Windows 10 boot fine and all the installed programs are working fine, then you can use the following steps to reinstall Windows 10 without losing files and apps. This is the only method to reinstall.
  3. First, use the Media Creation Tool to download the latest installation files from the Download Windows 10 page and create a bootable USB flash drive. (For details, see my FAQ, Windows 10 updates.
  4. The simplest way to reinstall Windows 10 is through Windows itself. Click 'Start > Settings > Update & security > Recovery' and then choose 'Get started' under 'Reset this PC'. A full reinstall.
  5. How to Reinstall Windows 10 from PC Settings. Windows 10 allows you to reinstall the latest version of your current operating system. Before doing a reinstall, back up your files or delete them for a new installation. Follow one of the three steps below: Read more: 7 Ways To Open Windows Task Manager; How to Force Close an Application on.

To reinstall Windows 10 from your settings, click the Start menu, which is usually located at the bottom-left corner of the screen. From there, click the Setting button or the gear icon, which should be at the bottom-left corner of the Start menu. Select Update and Security, which has an icon that looks like 2 curved arrows Click on a particular drive or location and then hit Start button. This will start the scanning process for the lost files on that drive. Step 3. Recover Files after Reinstalling Windows 10. When the scanning is over, preview the files found on the location. Then hit the Recover button to recover that file Choose Keep my files to keep your personal files, remove all installed software and apps, and reinstall Windows 10 from scratch. Windows 10 will back up your personal data and tuck it away safely while it reinstalls itself from scratch. When complete, Windows will appear much like when you first bought your computer or installed it yourself

How to Delete WindowsHow to Move the Pictures Folder in Windows 10

Windows 10 allows you to reinstall a new version of your operating system over your current version. Doing this will allow you to keep your files or delete them for a fresh reinstall. Follow one of the three steps below to begin the process: Click the Start button Refresh your copy of Windows 10 without losing your data. Windows 10 can reset all its computer files without affecting your personal data. Refresh does the following: Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files. Removes apps and drivers you installed. Removes changes that you made to settings How to factory reset Windows 10 using keep my files option. To reset Windows 10 to its factory default settings without losing your files, use these steps: and it'll reinstall a copy of.

Reset your Windows 10 system with the Keep My Files optio

1. If you follow these instructions: Doing an In-place Upgrade to Reinstall Windows 10 Keeping Apps/Programs and User Files. you will lose nothing. I just did this on my partner's computer because.
  2. Method 1. Recover Files after Reinstalling Windows 10 with Recoverit. When it comes to lost data after reinstalling Windows 10, you need a tool backed up with an efficient algorithm for searching and recovering lost files. Recoverit Data Recovery is an effective and safe lost file recovery software to help you retrieve lost files in simple steps
  3. I want to upgrade to Windows 10 through a clean install and I thought about getting a SSD and installing Win10 on it, making it the primary boot option. I don't necessarily need to remove the OS from my current HDD , I just need to be able to access the files inside it and execute programs without needing to reinstall them
  4. Select whether to keep your files, remove everything, or restore factory settings to continue.; If you see the Restore to factory settings on your computer, select it. This will remove your personal files, installed software, and reinstall Windows 10 and any other preinstalled apps that came with your computer
  5. i upgraded from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro some months ago. everything is working fine then all of a sudden command prompt, powershel and so many other programs stop working. tried refreshing they computer but no improvements. so i decided to do an upgrade with a windows 10 ISO, but in the middle of the upgrade where it asks what to keep, The part where it asks whaat to keep i notice that.
  6. If you are currently using Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 SP0 or Windows 8 (not 8.1), then Windows 10 upgrade will erase all your program and files (see Microsoft Windows 10 Specifications). This can be prevented using Windows 10 Upgrade Companion - a special tool that preserves your programs, settings and files through the upgrade
  7. Clean installing Windows 10. In some cases, you may want to revert back to a fresh install by reinstalling the operating system from scratch. If you do not wish to keep your personal files, system files, and other data, you can reset Windows 10 by reinstalling it over the existing installation

Start fresh with a clean installation of Windows 1

1. There are a few reasons you may want to reinstall Windows 10 to a clean state. You might be looking to sell your computer or simply just want to give yourself a tidier Windows environment if you have a bunch of files everywhere and clutter on your computer
  2. Step 2: Choose Windows 10 ISO image file. 1. Click Browse button next to the Source file on Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool. 2. On following Open dialog, navigate to the location of Windows 10 ISO image file and select it. Click Open button, then the file would be added into Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool. Click Next
  3. About Windows 10 reinstall. Windows 10 reinstallation, also known as a Windows 10 in-place upgrade or Windows 10 repair install, can be used to reload Windows 10 system files, registry keys, and configuration to a known working state without the deletion or removal of user files, settings, and software. Reinstalling Windows 10 is not the same as formatting and reinstalling Windows or a clean.
  4. To reinstall Windows 10, you must first be able to boot into the operating system. If you do not wish to keep your personal files, system files, and other data, you can reset Windows 10 by reinstalling it over the existing installation. The simplest way to do this is by booting from your installation disc or drive
  5. In some rare cases, files might be left behind. After you remove iTunes and its related components, follow the steps below to locate and remove any additional supporting files. Press the Windows and R key on your keyboard to open the run command. In the Run window, enter: %programfiles% Click OK to open the Program Files folder
  6. g you can reinstall Steam without having to re-download all of your games but some things aren't clear to me. Most games will install Microsoft Visual C++ and anything else related to the game like Uplay for example

Refreshing Windows 10 Without a Reinstall or Reset. by Leo A. Notenboom. Refreshing your copy of Windows 10 can be one way to clear up an assortment of issues with the operating system. I'll walk through performing a refresh on my copy of Windows 10 Home. Refreshing Windows 10 Without a Re-install or Reset from Ask Leo! on Vimeo If your iTunes for Windows 10/8.1/8/7 won't open, or when it stops responding or unexpectedly quits, a complete reinstallation should resolve all these problems. Here we give a step-by-step guide to show you how to reinstall iTunes without losing music and playlist 424. Jun 3, 2018. #1. I have a customer that did a windows 10 reset (keep my files) after of course a botched update. They knew they would have to reinstall quickbooks. I cannot find the .qbw file anywhere looking all over the place. Looked in windows.old folder and still nothing. They claim to have a backup from the day before on an external.

How to open

System files, including boot files damaged or corrupted. Bug of Windows 10. BIOS is out of date. BIOS is misconfigured or overclocked. After knowing causes for Windows 10 Stop Error, next let's talk about how to fix Windows 10 BSOD 6. Select Remove files and clean the drive fully 7. Select Reset This method indeed can reset Windows 10. But the new Windows is actually NOT the original Acer factory default. For example, if you have installed some Windows language packs before, you can see the new Windows still keeps some language settings made before WARNING: Do not do this if you want to keep your files. This method will wipe everything and reinstall Windows 10. Let's get started 1. Right-click on the Windows 10 start button & click Settings. 2. In Settings > click on Update & Security. 3. In Update & Security > click on Recovery. 4. In Recovery under Reset this PC > click on.

So keep this in mind, the next time you have to do a custom reinstall of Windows: getting back to normal could be much easier than you thought. See more Operating systems news TechRadar newslette How to Reset Windows 10 or 8 PC If The Operating System Won't Boot Special Case: SSD Drives. All information above only applies to traditional magnetic hard drives.If you installed a new copy of Windows 7, Windows 8, 8.1 or Windows 10, the OS will trim your SSD drive, effectively erasing all traces of information that used to exist on that drive before the new OS Creating a Windows 10 Recovery USB Drive. If you do not have a Windows 10 recovery disc/drive like the one that shipped with your MAINGEAR computer, you can follow the below steps to create a Windows 10 recovery USB drive if you have access to a working Windows PC and a USB flash drive that's at least 16GB. Please follow the link below to. Clean reinstall on Windows 10 will remove all of files and apps when reinstalling Windows 10 system. It is generally used when Windows 10 system issues cannot be repaired. Here are two ways for you to clean reinstall Windows 10 when you still could access to Windows 10. No Windows 10 product key is required Does Windows 10 reset remove games installed in C:\\Games and other files (Work related)? I have backups or can download again, just want to know in advance. Windows says it will remove apps, but keep my personal files. I know System restore may remove some files in drive roo

How to Reset Windows 10 and Keep All Your Files, Apps, and

Im experiencing some issues n windows 10 that, despite my best efforts, I cant seem to fix, so Im thinking about reinstalling. Is there a good way to backup the entire WSL system and then just unpack it after the clean install has finished (in a way that wont break anything, even if the computer/user name in windows has been changed) If you keep your files when reinstalling windows 10, you can install the steam games the same place you had them before the reinstall, and steam will automatically recognize the games to be there. Some amount of installation time will still be necessary, as windows will have to know where the games are

Two Solutions to Refresh Windows 10 Without Losing

4. Accept the license terms when prompted. 5. Wait for Windows to detect and install the new updates and click Install to start the repair. Note: during the step #5 it is very important to select the Keep personal files and apps, to avoid that after the update, everything will be lost. To perform this step, go to the Change what to keep link in. Simply put, it replaces ALL of the OS files on a Windows 10 PC but leaves other files, installed applications, and most (but not all) settings and preferences alone. The In-Place Upgrade Repair. How to reinstall your Windows 10, format the drive and reset everything - without losing your programs and files. In this article, we will learn how to reinstall Windows on your PC, a do a complete system wipe and refresh - while still retaining your programs, profile, settings, documents, pictures, music, movies, favorites, wallpaper and everything else

[5 Best Ways] How To Reinstall Windows 10 Without Losing

Reinstalling windows 10 & Saving all my Vortex files - posted in Vortex Support: When I originally built my computer I only allowed 100 GB for C: drive, I had moved my downloads and other moveable folders to the D: drive on the same m.2 1 TB drive. I increased my C: drive size without properly moving Downloads, ect. to a different drive. This of course did a number on my registry One easy way to document all your installed programs is with the Save to text file option in CCleaner, accessible via Tools > Uninstall . Software List in CCleaner. No program outside of those that come bundled with an original Windows setup will be on your computer after the clean install is complete. If you only have a restore disc from your. After you re install windows and install torrent application. Now set the download folder drive, (for example C:\Torrent/Downloads/) and paste all the previous partial downloaded files. Now open the torrent file. When the application load the file it will check the download folder for the early downloaded file first and if it doesn't find anythin Hence, we recommend to take a back-up of the data before reinstalling Windows. If you have a backup, you may restore essential files, folders, documents, etc. using some tried and tested methods. However, if you forgot to take a backup, you will need a powerful data recovery tool to recover data after reinstalling Windows. Easy Ways to Recover. Windows 10 is capable of resetting all of its system files without affecting your personal data. Refresh will do the following: Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files. Removes apps and drivers you installed. Removes changes you made to settings. Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps.

Windows 10 in-place upgrade bug means you can no longer

Windows 10 tip: Repair your Windows 10 installation. Performing a clean install or a reset means you have to reinstall apps and desktop programs and start over with settings and preferences Under the System type section, check whether you have the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows 10. Windows 10 architecture settings; Open the Microsoft Update Catalog website. Download the most recent Servicing Stack Update for the version you have (32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64)). Double-click the file to install the update. Restart your. The Reset this PC option reinstalls Windows 10 cleanly, but it also lets you choose whether to keep your files or remove them. Reset this PC is a Push-button reset procedure that utilizes the files from the Component Store C:\Windows\WinSxS as the source (if you choose the Local reinstall option) to rebuild the OS without requiring a recovery image or the ISO Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then click Properties. Tap or click the Security tab. Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have. To open a file, you have to have the Read permission. To change the permissions of a file or folder, follow these steps

Video: How to use Reset this PC to easily reinstall Windows 1

How To Upgrade Windows XP To Windows 8

How to Recover Files after Reinstalling Windows 10 Easily

Reinstall Internet Explorer in Windows Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. You can use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files to validate the corresponding system files. Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista, and Windows Server 2008 SP I need to reinstall Windows 10 on my laptop. Reboot to the screen. Where your user is displayed and your password requested, click the power icon on the bottom right of the screen. The options to Sleep, Shut Down or Restart will appear. Hold the shift key and press Restart Added in the Windows 10 Creator's Update, the Windows 10 Fresh Start tool replaced System Refresh. It's included as part of Windows Defender instead of the standard control panel. Fresh Start allows you to perform a clean re-installation and update of Windows, but keep personal data and most Windows settings But before the process to recover lost photos after reinstalling Windows 10 is revealed, have a look at the Windows reinstall scenarios, photo loss causes while reinstalling Windows, photo-loss preventive measures post Windows reinstall, and the methods for picture recovery Resetting your Windows 10 PC will not remove data from drives other than drive C:, that is why I only have Windows and some small associated programs like CCleaner Etc. on my C: drive. The big benefit of doing this is that it makes it very easy to..

Windows 10 has a nice feature that allows you to reset the operating system if you want to start over 100% back to factory defaults or reinstall the OS yet keep all your Files The answer is yes, free Windows deployment tool WinToHDD can help you reinstalling Windows 10 directly from an ISO file instead of from a CD/DVD or USB drive. Tutorial to reinstall Windows 10 directly from an ISO file with WinToHDD. Step 1. Download, install, and Run WinToHDD, then click the button. Step 2 If you need the program's files back, you can get them. Windows 10 will keep your old Windows files for 30 days after an upgrade, storing them in the C:\Windows.old folder.This allows you to roll back to the previous build of Windows 10 if you have a problem. However, if you've removed old Windows installations using Disk Cleanup or manually deleted the Windows.old folder after the upgrade. Now, I've searched around and found out that the best option to get the OS (in my case, Windows 10) onto my SSD is to reinstall the OS. The problem is, how do I reinstall Windows 10 onto my SSD instead of my HDD since I can't remove the HDD and just leave the SSD to reinstall because all the necessary files to do so are on the HDD I have not been able to find any solutions that could reduce my save file size down to where it would be playable again for fallout 4. With that though in mind, I wanted to ask you all what would be the proper process for a complete clean reinstallation of: the game, my mods, and if it is possible, to keep the save progress I currently have.